Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Lego Rocks

It’s an exciting time. What were once random bits of plastic have become potentially interlocking units of an infinately metamorphosing whole. Sofia has had her Lego farm for 6 months but is only now learning how to stick the blocks together and build things with it. I think my own psycho-motor capacities are developing too. She asked me to make a house and instead of my usual chaotic assembly of blocks I found myself thinking through beforehand the best configuration of blocks to produce a window, a doorway and a roof too and then executing my vision. She was impressed. I felt triumphant; like a Dad who’s just knocked up a rabbit hutch with his bare hands. And all from the supine comforts of the sofa (from which I’m barely able to get up and make a cup of tea at the moment).

1 comment:

greenwords said...

I love Lego. Lego is underrated. I admire the fact you managed to make a Lego house while barely able to make a cuppa. Excellent prioritising. Even I would choose the Lego over the tea.